Monday, August 17, 2009

November 16, 1941

Dear Folks,
I thought by this time I'd have a letter saying you would be here for Thanksgiving. Course I'm going to expect you till after Thanksgiving is past. Wish you could make it. Will have goose, turnkey or anything you'd like. And don't let the thought of my working scare you out cause I've improved since last you were here.

I was terribly disappointed about our trip. The couple I was coming with left this morning for S. L. and will probably drop in to say Hello. I didn't plan to go this time since it is to close to Thanksgiving and if Bob didn't come after us at that time we'd probably have been on your hands all winter. And it's doubtful that we can come for Xmas. Bob thinks it's a little too long a trip for such a short time. However, I'll keep working on him. Unless you can come to see us we probably won't see you until spring and our vacation. As an added enticement--besides the extra special dinner--I'm sending a picture of Bobby and Judy. Bobby is sitting in the cart in case you aren't sure. They are going to enjoy each other. They have a lot of fun together now and are both cute youngsters.

I guess Tommy has seen everything Southern California has to offer now after the earthquake the other night. Let me know what he has to say about it. He just won't take time to write. I'm glad to hear that he is doing well and likes it.

We haven't been doing much to write about. When I get a typewriter at home again I'll send a longer and more legible letter. This one is just a written invitation to Thanksgiving dinner.

Tell Dick and Ellen and the little boys Hello and I'd like to hear from them. Bobby must be quite the young man by now and Gary too.

Write and if you can make it wire us. Plan to stay a few days. Much Love, Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment