Tuesday, July 28, 2009

January 30, 1941

Dear Pop:

Well, well, I know you didn't really expect to see Sophie when promised but here she is all done up in Sunday-go-to-meeting clothes. I hope you don't find too many errors but it isn't like just buzzing the old master mind a couple of times and asking just how this and that is punctuate or spelled. My worst trouble, as I mentioned before, was running words together but i just didn't seem to be able to keep from it. I hope it isn't too much of an eye-sore. Otherwise, I think it is in pretty good shape. If you would like me to do anymore of it, just send it up and I'll be happy to go on with the story. Don't forget I think it is a beautiful yarn and hope it is a best seller. Before I forget, I have not included the original and will send it back as soon as hubby brings another envelope from the office. I didn't like to pack too much in one.

I can't write much tonight as I am having a couple of wandering C.I.T. employees in for dinner tomorrow night and I'm in the process of making dessert and a grocery list for early tomorrow morning. I wish you were here, mom. I haven't cooked anything but plain old vegetables, un-decorated dinner. Thelma gave me a recipe for a heavenly dessert and if it is as good as supposed to be, I'll send it to you next letter.

Bob is working night and day. Business--especially collections--certainly sag in this farmer's land about this time of year. He has his credit man on the road and is trying to do two people's jobs. Well, must go now as I have a lot of little odd jobs I want to get done tonight. Will write early next week. Hope you have as much fun this week-end as last. Write. Love, Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment